Why More Men Are Seeking Out Cosmetic Dental Treatment
For many years it was common for the number of men seeking cosmetic dentistry to fall far under that of women. However, over the past few decades, a changing view of masculinity and self-care has led to more men seeking cosmetic dental treatments. Men today tend to be more conscientious of their appearance and go to greater lengths to care for their bodies, which was unusual in previous generations. Further, a greater understanding of the benefits of cosmetic dental care has led to greater demand for it.
How Men Expect To Benefit From Cosmetic Dentistry
Men tend to be more concerned with the appearance of their teeth today. Discoloration and dental loss are no longer taken in stride and represent some of the most significant drivers behind men seeking cosmetic dentistry. Social dynamics are another factor driving the increase in men seeking cosmetic dentistry. Studies have shown that having clean, solid, and white teeth can improve our advancement in the workplace. Further, they change how others perceive us, affecting everything from our relationships with friends and co-workers to romantic engagements. Some of the most popular treatments sought by men include:
- Dental Whitening – This procedure is focused on reducing discoloration of teeth. This discoloration can result from food or vice stains, tooth decay, age, and even genetics. Different forms of whitening can help with different sources of discoloration.
- Dental Veneers – These treatment options can address several issues simultaneously. Among them are deeply stained teeth that dental whitening can’t address. However, they’re also effective methods of addressing chips, cracks, and minor gaps in the teeth.
- Orthodontic Treatment – Receiving orthodontic care can also be an effective method of addressing cosmetic dental concerns. Braces and clear aligners can straighten teeth and address overcrowding, providing both cosmetic and health benefits to your smile.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are among the most popular options for addressing missing teeth in modern dentistry. This is due to their durability and ability to mimic natural teeth’ appearance and function perfectly.
- Bridges – Dental bridges are often used when one or more adjacent teeth are extracted. They’re an effective means of replacing these teeth and restoring form and function to your smile.
These represent several popular options selected by men seeking cosmetic dental treatments. Each of them effectively addresses a range of concerns that can impact men’s ability to share their smiles proudly.
Speak To Your Orthodontist About Cosmetic Options
As men become more aware and conscientious of their oral health’s effect on their lives, we can expect to see more of them seeking cosmetic care. If you’re seeking to improve the appearance of your own smile, reach out to your orthodontist to see what options are available. Orthodontic care is often an effective part of cosmetic dentistry and is often the first step taken in the process. Once the teeth have been properly straightened and aligned, whitening, veneers, and other treatments are even more effective. Reach out to your orthodontist for help today!